L and L Dean Inc - Avoid L and L Dean, Inc. Fleet Operators for FedEx Custom Critical
I am an Independent Contractor for FedEx Custom Critical out of Boettler, OH. For seven months, I worked as a Sub-Contractor driving another Independent Contractor/ Owner Operator's registered commercial vehicle and transporting FedEx Custom Critical loads. The Owner Operators Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. out of Chardon, OH was stealing money from me. They started manipulating the settlement pay in May. I brung the matter to Linda and Larry Dean's attention that I was aware that their accounting methods were wrong. We had a contractual agreement of 60/40. I agreed to receive the 60% because I was responsible for buying diesel fuel. Linda and Larry agreed to the 40% because the vehicle I was driving they are the owner operators. The settlement pay never added up.
Within the Month of October 2013, they literally did not pay me for 12 loads. I have the completed bill of ladens. I haven't received payment; therefore, I resigned. The Deans are thieves. Independent Contractors acting as Sub-Contractors should be aware of these crooks.
I am in the stage of investigating what to do next. I consulted with a Collection Attorney, and he referred me to the Ohio Department of Labor Board. However and as you may well know, the information on the Ohio Department of Labor website specifically and clearly states that I am not eligible to file a complaint as an employee because I was self employed and I worked as an Independent Contractor/ Sub-Contractor. The options I am given is to write letters to Linda and Larry Dean and file consumer complaints before considering legal actions to retrieve the money owed to me.
I have contacted Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. They have not responded and paid me the money that is due to me. However, they have threaten to take measure to attempt to terminate my contract with FedEx Custom Critical. These are very unethical individuals. I advise no one to do business with these crooks.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Failure To Pay Load Settlements
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "I purchased a ebike from X-Treme and have had nothing but trouble, and I have contacted the company without any response 1.rear wheel spokes assemble out of sequence that..."
- "DR Horton consistently leaving nails on the street and refuse to refund the cost of a tire. I have tire pressure monitoring and it's obvious when a tire gets punctured..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."