L and L Dean Inc - Avoid L and L Dean, Inc. Fleet Operators for FedEx Custom Critical

I am an Independent Contractor for FedEx Custom Critical out of Boettler, OH. For seven months, I worked as a Sub-Contractor driving another Independent Contractor/ Owner Operator's registered commercial vehicle and transporting FedEx Custom Critical loads. The Owner Operators Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. out of Chardon, OH was stealing money from me. They started manipulating the settlement pay in May. I brung the matter to Linda and Larry Dean's attention that I was aware that their accounting methods were wrong. We had a contractual agreement of 60/40. I agreed to receive the 60% because I was responsible for buying diesel fuel. Linda and Larry agreed to the 40% because the vehicle I was driving they are the owner operators. The settlement pay never added up.

Within the Month of October 2013, they literally did not pay me for 12 loads. I have the completed bill of ladens. I haven't received payment; therefore, I resigned. The Deans are thieves. Independent Contractors acting as Sub-Contractors should be aware of these crooks.

I am in the stage of investigating what to do next. I consulted with a Collection Attorney, and he referred me to the Ohio Department of Labor Board. However and as you may well know, the information on the Ohio Department of Labor website specifically and clearly states that I am not eligible to file a complaint as an employee because I was self employed and I worked as an Independent Contractor/ Sub-Contractor. The options I am given is to write letters to Linda and Larry Dean and file consumer complaints before considering legal actions to retrieve the money owed to me.

I have contacted Linda and Larry Dean dba L and L Dean, Inc. They have not responded and paid me the money that is due to me. However, they have threaten to take measure to attempt to terminate my contract with FedEx Custom Critical. These are very unethical individuals. I advise no one to do business with these crooks.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 30, 2015 #1001881

if they are crooks, chances are they owe taxes so pay the IRS a visit and tell them about it, I,m sure they will be delighted

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to L and L Dean Inc. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about L and L Dean Inc.
Filing a new complaint about